Introducing Students to Art
Groups & Tours
Group tours at NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale are designed to introduce visitors of all ages to the Museum’s collection and exhibitions by offering a unique and enjoyable educational art experience.
Booking is easy.
Call us at 954-262-0204, email [email protected] or contact Group Sales by using the Tour Scheduling Form below.
Broward County Public Schools learn more about Museum on the Move our FREE field trip program.
NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale’s educational mission is to inspire visitors through provocative, interdisciplinary art exhibitions. Programs are based on theories that encourage students to question their surroundings, analyze their place, respond to what they see and feel, and to initiate research on subjects of interest. Through this process, students develop essential questioning, thinking, and problem-solving skills that pave the way for exploring and understanding themselves, their lives and the world around them.
This tour provides groups with an overview of all exhibitions currently on display at NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale. You will gain an understanding of historical context, biographical information and art terminology as they relate to each exhibition. This fast-paced, dynamic Museum Survey Tour works well for first time visitors. This tour lasts 1 hour and is suitable for groups of 20 (multiple tours may be scheduled to accommodate larger groups).
Engage in a detailed tour with a focus on one exhibition at NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale. In addition to discovering historical and biographical information about the artist(s) or art movement, your group will learn to analyze and critique works of art by concentrating on their composition and recognizing how to convey larger meaning. Group tours last 1 hour.
Offer your students a unique and interactive creative experience that exercises their critical, analytical and observational skills, while discussing a diverse collection of art work with Museum educators. School groups can incorporate STEAM-based activities during their visit for an extra charge. This option can accommodate a maximum of 20 students per tour. Multiple tours can be scheduled for larger groups.
Check out the Museum on the Move program to find out if your school qualifies for a FREE field trip!
Scheduling a Tour
Scheduling a Tour
To schedule a tour please fill out the Tour Scheduling Form. If you need special assistance please call us at 954-262-0204 or email [email protected]
Reservations for tours are required at least three weeks in advance.
For Museum on the Move tours applications should be emailed to
Group Tour Admission
- Group tour admission is $5 per student and $10 per adult.
- School groups grades K-12 must have one adult chaperone per 10 students.
- Docent-led tours last approximately 1 hour and are included in group tour admission price. Self-guided tours may also be scheduled.
- Group tours are available for a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 75.
- Group tours are available on Tuesdays through Fridays from 11 am to 4 pm.
- Check out the Museum on the Move program to find out if your school qualifies for a FREE field trip! Museum on the Move
To confirm your group tour date, we require a minimum 50% deposit at the time of booking, and the balance of admission fees is due for remittance no less than two weeks prior to the tour date. All payments are non-refundable.
Payment options include:
- Credit Card
- Check – made payable to NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale
For School Groups
- Divide students into groups of 15-20 students prior to arrival.
- We encourage teachers to pre-visit the museum and solidify the curriculum connections. This pre-visit is complimentary.
- While in the museum, the role of teachers and chaperones is to manage the group’s behavior, keep the group together and attend to any special needs of the students.
- For additional educational resources call 954.262.0204 or email [email protected]
- Touching artwork is not allowed, keep 4 feet away from all works of art and walls at all times to avoid accidental contact with works of art.
- Only pencils are allowed while in the galleries.
- Food, drinks and large bags are not allowed in the galleries.
- Limited photography is allowed without a flash.
- Bus parking is available for buses in front of the museum. Larger groups will require off-site parking.
- There is no on-site parking for cars. Passenger cars may park in metered spaces adjacent to the building or in the parking garage located at S.E. 1st avenue behind the Museum.
- Café lunch may be pre-ordered from the Museum Café by calling 954-262-0255.
- Huizenga Park, located across the street from the museum, is a public park that may be used for a picnic lunch.